2022-02-08: Critical Security Update
IMPORTANT SECURITY UPDATE: This release fixes a critical security bug that made it possible to create ETH on Optimism by repeatedly triggering the
SELFDESTRUCT opcode. While our sequencer and all infrastructure providers are already patched, please upgrade replicas to
0.5.11 as soon as possible to avoid falling out of sync.
For more information about the bug, please see the disclosure.
Other items in this release include:
- 9ef215b: Various small changes to reduce our upstream Geth diff
- 2e7f6a5: Fixes incorrect timestamp handling for L1 syncing verifiers
- 81d9056: Bring back RPC methods that were previously blocked
- 8f72064: Handle case where the remote block isn’t found for
- 1741d88: Updates DTL to correctly parse L1 to L2 tx timestamps after the first bss hardfork
- Migrate to Go based batch-submitter service.